VAS COMMUNITY PROGRAMME 2022-2023
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I . PARTICIPANTS
- Students of grade 1 to 12 of Vietnam Australia International School
- Group registration, 2 to 10 members each group.
- Students can be grouped across levels.
II. PROGRAM RULES
Any groups which participate in “VAS Community Programme 2022-2023” will create plan for their community-related project in Vietnam. The most impressive and feasible project will be funded and supported for its implementation by the Organizer during school year 2022 – 2023.
|1. Campus Elimination Round (22.09.2022 – 03.12.2022)|
|19.09.2022 – 25.11.2022||Representatives of registered groups create accounts and submit their projects at https://community.vas.edu.vn|
|26.11.2022 – 03.12.2022||Each campus reviews and nominates 03 projects with outstanding ideas and feasibility for the Final Round.|
|05.12.2022||Organizer announces the selected projects for the Final Round|
|2. Final Round (Expected date: 10.01.2023)|
|– Groups present their projects to the Organizer & Council (expected date: 10.01.2023)
– The Organizer announces 03 best projects winning the highest prizes and the allocated fund.
– The Organizer announces 05 projects winning consolation prizes and the allocated fund.
*Timeline of The Final Round will be informed one month in advance.
|3. Funding and Implementation (10.01.2023 – 20.04.2023)|
|10.01.2023 – 03.02.2023||The winning groups submit the Implementation Plan to the Organizer & Council for further review and approval before being funded.
First round funding (60%) for groups who have fully submitted Implementation Plan.
|03.02.2023 – 10.02.2023||The winning groups implement their 1st phase of project.|
|10.02.2023 – 10.03.2023||The Organizer & Council review 1st phase of implementation and adviseise for better improvement (if any) for 2nd phase.|
|10.03.2023 – 20.04.2023||Second round funding (remaining of 40%) for groups who have fully completed 1st phase.
Groups continue implementing their 2nd phase of project.
|4. Report & Review (20.04.2023 – 30.04.2023)|
20.04.2023 – 30.04.2023
|Groups report their projects. Discussion will be made with the Organizer & Council for further project development in the future.|
1. Assigned areas for Community Projects:
- Activities to support developing knowledge/ education/ attitude, awareness and behavior.
- Activities to protect environment.
- Activities for sustainable development goals.
- Projects for arts/ creativity for the community
- Charity for children/ the elderly/ the handicapped, …
2. Projects to be considered for funding:
- Further development of SY 2021 – 2022 community projects: Finalists of VAS Community Programme 2022 – 2023 can continue to apply, under the conditions that the project has been implemented and continues this school year.
- New projects: Student groups develop new community projects and apply for funding. The new projects must be in line with areas assigned above.
3. Submission form & regulations:
- Online submission via the link: https://community.vas.edu.vn
- Language: Vietnamese or English
- A valid project shall contain the following mandatory contents:
- Campus <BTH, HVT, SUNRISE, GHs, PXL, SALA, RIVERSIDE>
- Level <Primary, Secondary, Highschool>
- Project name
- Project leader
- Members name
- Objectives of project
- Target audiences
- Detail proposal & Communication Plan
- Budget projection
- Fund raising plan
4. Other regulations:
- Each group register 01 project.
- Each student can join only 1 group.
- The projects must be originally proposed and developed by student groups without any copying from available projects.
- Participating groups are responsible to all information proposed in the project.
- Campus Academic Assistants support the communication between student groups and the Organizer.
- Each campus shall assign teachers/ staffs to support students in implementing projects and collaborate with the Organizer.
IV. FUND & BENEFITS
- The Organizer and Council will select 03 projects for funding and support the implementation.
- The total budget for funding is up to 100 million VND (included VAT).
- The Organizer and Council will give 05 more consolation prizes to those teams who have participated in the Final Round with good ideas and contributions, with the prize of 3 million VND (included VAT)/prize.
V. SELECTING CRITERIAS
- Project feasibility and relevance: Feasibility of the project in terms of its practicality and relevance to the community
- Influence on the community: The level of the project’s impact on and responses from the young people and the community.
- Sustainable development: Project with potential to last long and bring sustainable benefits to the community will be more likely to be chosen.
- Creative methods of message delivery: The delivery of the message of the project to the community can be in the forms of video clips, books, images, etc.… The more creative and inspirational the delivering method is, the higher appreciation it gets.
- High ability to raise fund (if any): This is an optional criterion. However, any group can present fundraising method and ability to raise fund for their project will gain additional points for this.